Note: If you have Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard), you will need to download OS X El Capitan before you can upgrade to the latest Mac OS. While insecure versions of Firefox will continue to work on OS X 10.8 and earlier, using an up-to-date version of Firefox on a supported version of Mac OS will provide you with the best and safest.
- Visit this Firefox download page in any browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.; Click the Download Now button. The Firefox Installer that downloads will automatically offer you the best available version of Firefox for your computer. If you use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, a notification bar will appear at the bottom of the page with an option to open or run.
- Installing Firefox on Mac. Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you. Click Download Firefox.
This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click .
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, click .
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click . If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .
Pick a software title...to downgrade to the version you love!
Firefox Latest Version
- Feb 11, 2012
- 31.38 MB
Firefox Popular Version
- Feb 24, 2011
- 7.18 MB
Select Version of Firefox to Download for FREE!
|Software Version||Release Date||Size|
|Firefox 0.8||Feb 24, 2011||6.20 MB|
|Firefox 0.9||Feb 24, 2011||4.73 MB|
|Firefox 0.9.1||Feb 24, 2011||8.52 MB|
|Firefox 0.9.3||Feb 24, 2011||8.52 MB|
|Firefox 1.0||Feb 24, 2011||4.69 MB|
|Firefox 1.0 Pre Release||Feb 24, 2011||8.45 MB|
|Firefox 1.0.1||Feb 24, 2011||8.71 MB|
|Firefox 1.0.2||Feb 24, 2011||8.73 MB|
|Firefox 1.0.3||Feb 24, 2011||8.73 MB|
|Firefox 1.0.4||Feb 24, 2011||8.73 MB|
|Firefox 1.0.5||Feb 24, 2011||8.73 MB|
|Firefox 1.0.6||Feb 24, 2011||4.65 MB|
|Firefox 1.0.7||Feb 24, 2011||4.65 MB|
|Firefox 1.5 Beta 1||Feb 24, 2011||9.38 MB|
|Firefox 1.5 Beta 2||Feb 24, 2011||9.44 MB|
|Firefox 1.5||Feb 24, 2011||9.44 MB|
|Firefox 184.108.40.206||Feb 24, 2011||9.44 MB|
|Firefox 220.127.116.11||Feb 24, 2011||4.88 MB|
|Firefox 18.104.22.168||Feb 24, 2011||4.88 MB|
|Firefox 22.214.171.124||Feb 24, 2011||4.88 MB|
|Firefox 126.96.36.199||Feb 24, 2011||4.89 MB|
|Firefox 2.0 Beta 1||Feb 24, 2011||5.45 MB|
|Firefox 2.0 Beta 2||Feb 24, 2011||5.64 MB|
|Firefox 2.0 Release Canidate 3||Feb 24, 2011||17.56 MB|
|Firefox 2.0 Release Canidate 2||Feb 24, 2011||5.63 MB|
|Firefox 2.0 Release Canidate 1||Feb 24, 2011||5.62 MB|
|Firefox 2.0||Feb 24, 2011||5.63 MB|
|Firefox 188.8.131.52||Feb 24, 2011||5.69 MB|
|Firefox 184.108.40.206||Feb 24, 2011||17.61 MB|
|Firefox 220.127.116.11||Feb 24, 2011||5.73 MB|
|Firefox 18.104.22.168||Feb 24, 2011||5.73 MB|
|Firefox 22.214.171.124||Feb 24, 2011||5.74 MB|
|Firefox 126.96.36.199||Feb 24, 2011||5.74 MB|
|Firefox 188.8.131.52||Feb 24, 2011||5.75 MB|
|Firefox 184.108.40.206||Feb 24, 2011||5.76 MB|
|Firefox 220.127.116.11||Feb 24, 2011||5.76 MB|
|Firefox 18.104.22.168||Feb 24, 2011||5.76 MB|
|Firefox 22.214.171.124||Feb 24, 2011||5.77 MB|
|Firefox 126.96.36.199||Feb 24, 2011||17.14 MB|
|Firefox 188.8.131.52||Feb 24, 2011||17.14 MB|
|Firefox 184.108.40.206||Feb 24, 2011||17.14 MB|
|Firefox 220.127.116.11||Feb 24, 2011||17.14 MB|
|Firefox 3.0||Feb 24, 2011||7.15 MB|
|Firefox 3.0.1||Feb 24, 2011||7.15 MB|
|Firefox 3.0.2||Feb 24, 2011||7.16 MB|
|Firefox 3.0.4||Feb 24, 2011||7.16 MB|
|Firefox 3.0.5||Feb 24, 2011||7.17 MB|
|Firefox 3.0.6||Feb 24, 2011||7.17 MB|
|Firefox 3.0.7||Feb 24, 2011||7.17 MB|
|Firefox 3.0.8||Feb 24, 2011||7.17 MB|
|Firefox 3.0.9||Feb 24, 2011||7.18 MB|
|Firefox 3.0.10||Feb 24, 2011||7.18 MB|
|Firefox 3.5.2||Aug 3, 2009||17.55 MB|
|Firefox 3.6.12||Oct 27, 2010||18.57 MB|
|Firefox 3.6.24||Add info||18.78 MB|
|Firefox 3.6.25||Dec 20, 2011||18.58 MB|
|Firefox 6.0.1||Aug 31, 2011||28.07 MB|
|Firefox 6.0.2||Sep 6, 2011||28.13 MB|
|Firefox 7.0.1||Sep 29, 2011||28.19 MB|
|Firefox 8.0||Nov 8, 2011||29.47 MB|
|Firefox 8.0.1||Add info||29.47 MB|
|Firefox 10.0.1||Feb 11, 2012||31.38 MB|
Do you have software version that is not currently listed?Upload it now and get rewarded!
Need a software version that is not currently listed?Make a software request now!
Firefox is a free open source web browser that is a continuation of the Mozilla Application Suite and uses the Gecko rendering engine. Firefox has numerous popular features including tabbed browsing, spell checking, and the ability to add numerous community developed plugins.